My life on the Homefront.....Be Safe....Love, Mom

From Plebe year to the hat toss, diapers to carrier landings, Okinawa to Kabul-life as a military mom has it's challenges!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Adult "kids"

It is a strange feeling to be watching the news and see something that your son is most likely involved in. I say most likely because of course I cannot know for sure-but I can put two and two together. As I write this my husband is flying the skies in Afghanistan-funny how different it is with a husband and a child. I just don't worry about my husband the same way. Maybe it is because my son was a part of me from the very beginning.

There are all kinds of books to teach you about parenting a baby, a toddler, a teen...but transitioning from that to parent of an adult-especially one who is potentially in harm's way....it's a master's degree in parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment